There is so much out there about how to manifest your dreams, how to steer the Universe’s plan and how to make sure we are calling in the abundance from all sides. While that is all nice and pretty, I love coming back to the simplicity of Abraham Hick’s teachings. One of their quotes are written on the very top of my yearly goals - and have been there for a couple of years now. The words get me every single time I read them:
People say, “The joy is in the journey,” but they rarely understand what they are saying. You are in this focused time/space reality with goals and objectives that call you because as you identify a desire it literally summons life through you. Life summoning through you is what it’s all about, not the completion of anything.
Not the completion of anything!! How is that for a motto as everyone is going crazy during January, creating visions, goals and action steps?! Instead of making an action plan, I’m asking myself: how are you summoning life through you in this New Year? What are you ready to embrace as you spread your wings into this new journey around the sun?
Here are a few personal points from the little visioning session I did on New Years. I’m sharing this as maybe there is someone out there who needs the inspiration to join me in the same dreams. What are your dreams? I’d love to hear from you!
For 2019, I am summoning:
- Time with my loves. My relationship and family are a huge aspect of my foundation in life. When my heart feels overflowing with love and peace at home, that bleeds into the world and everything I do.
- Inner peace and a sense of fulfillment. When my soul feels on track with my purpose in the world, everything else just falls into place naturally.
- Financial stability. When I am taken care of in my basic financial needs, my nervous system can relax as I feel safe. That in return allows me to go out and keep working on sharing my vision.
- Space for creativity. Creating is one of the most magical ways for me to connect with source and let divine will flow through me. I am consciously creating space to design, write and draw - whatever resonates the most in the moment.
- Nurturing my body. When I take good care of my body, rest it and nurture it in ways that are kind and gentle, that kindness flows into everything else I do and my body gifts me with energy and vitality.
- Stepping out of my comfort zone into courage. Ideas of making myself small and invisible have kept me from shining brightly in the world, encouraging vibrations of insecurity, comparison and loneliness. I am consciously stepping into situations that make me a little uncomfortable at times - for example doing a photo shoot with me in front of the camera or sharing my personal writing in this form (and others to come soon). Here's a little preview from the shoot I recently did with my amazingly talented friend Stefanie:
- Stepping towards connections that inspire and uplift me. If Bali has taught me one thing it is that humans carry both dark and light inside of them. But in order to truly see into the soul of another being, we need to be willing to connect, willing to see each other and be seen. I am deliberately creating situations to get to know precious souls that share similar values and dreams. You might be one of them :) Tell me about your dreams and we’ll find out.
I hope this list inspires you to create a little version of your own ‘summonings’. As you create your list, remember: It’s not about getting it done...it’s about loving the little details moment by moment.
And for some extra inspiration, here’s another Abraham quote that lives on my vision page for this year:
"You never get it done, and you cannot get it wrong. Life is supposed to be fun: you are a creator, you are a focusing mechanism, and you are here in an environment that is very conducive to that. When you get hold of an idea, play it out for the pleasure in it. If you are doing it for any other reason, then you are not connecting to your Source Energy."
May you flight high beyond your wildest dreams this year! Sending you so much love.