Cleaning & Care
Ananda Soul jewelry is jewelry handmade with love in Bali. Each piece is blessed with Balinese prayers for love, support and protection.
All our jewelry is made from the highest quality materials and completed with an anti-tarnish finish. All Ananda Soul jewelry is nickel free. Our jewelry is available in a variety of materials such as 925 recycled silver, 22kt gold plated brass and 22kt gold vermeil. Gold-plated jewelry is made with a very thin layer of gold adhered to a base metal like silver or copper.
We include a complimentary cotton pouch with each piece for you to store your jewelry in.
We want you to look and feel amazing in our jewelry and help you keep it in great condition, for its energy and vibration to last. Follow the tips below to keep your jewelry looking great and to increase its longevity.
- Always remove your jewelry before swimming, bathing, doing household chores or other strenuous activities, exercising or using abrasive cleaners.
- Gold-plated jewelry should be wiped down with a damp cloth after use to remove smudges and stains. It is recommended to do a more thorough cleaning after exposure to alcohol, acids and sulfur compounds that could potentially cause the metals to tarnish and change their color.
- Remove lotions, make-up and soil from your hands before touching your gold-plated pieces and avoid direct contact with beauty products such as perfume, hairspray, lotions, body oils and other cosmetics while wearing your favorite jewelry.
- If you need to clean your jewelry, we recommend using a mild soap, water and a soft bristled brush (such as a toothbrush), rinse clean and pat dry with a soft cloth. Do NOT clean your jewelry daily as it can caused the gold plate to wear off faster and eventually tarnish in a short time.
- When your jewelry is not in use, we recommend storing it in an airtight plastic ziplock bag and put it inside the cloth bag provided with each purchase, avoiding tarnishing. In addition, store your jewelry separate from each other to minimize scratching and tangling.
Cleaning your jewelry
What you will need
- Small bowl
- Piece of cloth or jewelry cloth
- Cotton ball
- Cotton swab
- Dishwashing liquid
- Warm water
1. Wipe Down Jewelry
To remove body oils and soil, use a damp cotton ball or jewelry cloth to wipe down gold-plated jewelry after each use. Allow the pieces to briefly air-dry before storing.
2. Create a Cleaning Solution
If the jewelry has visible soil or feels sticky or stained, we recommend cleaning it with a warm, soapy solution. Mix one cup of warm water and one cup of cold water and one to two squirts of dishwashing liquid in a small bowl.
3. Soak the Jewelry
Place the jewelry in the cleaning solution and soak for about 5 minutes or longer. Clean only one or two pieces at a time to prevent the pieces from scratching.
4. Tackle Embedded Soil
For pieces that are intricately carved, we recommend using a cotton swab to remove any soil from small crevices and corners. Never use a sharp tool (like a knife or paper clip) to remove the dirt because they can scratch away the gold plating.
5. Rinse, Dry, and Buff
When the piece is clean, rinse the jewelry in warm water. Dry with a soft, lint-free cloth and buff gently to return the shine. Et voila! Enjoy your sparkly clean jewelry piece! 💖
Alternatively and for more persistent stains, use simple white toothpaste and a soft toothbrush to clean your jewelry pieces. Make sure to rinse with running water.
How to Correct Cleaning Mistakes on Gold-Plated JewelryIf the worst has happened and the gold plating has worn away so that the base metal is exposed, you can have your jewelry replated. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask about replate.